Riot Games is back with another update in the League of Legends Wild Rift. A couple of new champions will be available to the players ‘Rengar, the Pridestalker‘ and ‘Kha’zix, the Voidreaver‘. Along with the release of the new champions, there are some balanced changes in the abilities of Darius, Draven, Galio, Katarina, Leona, Ashe, and many more.
RENGAR, THE PRIDESTALKER
Rengar is a ferocious vastayan trophy hunter who lives for the thrill of tracking down and killing dangerous creatures. He scours the world for the most fearsome beasts he can find, especially seeking any trace of Kha’Zix, the void creature who scratched out his eye. The champion is commonly played in the Jungle. It mostly does Physical Damage and can deal a lot of damage.
Rengar will be released on May 6 at 0:01 UTC.
KHA’ZIX, THE VOIDREAPER
The Void grows, and the Void adapts—in none of its myriad spawn are these truths more apparent than Kha’Zix. Evolution drives the core of this mutating horror, born to survive and to slay the strong. Where it struggles to do so, it grows new, more effective ways to counter and kill its prey. The most popular role to play Kha’Zix is in the Jungle or Baron Lane, this is mostly due to the champion being an Assassin with Physical Damage.
Kha’Zix will be released on May 6 at 0:01 UTC.
- Forecast Janna
- Program Nami
- God-King Darius
- God-King Garen
- Death Blossom Kha’Zix
- Night Hunter Rengar
All skins will be released throughout the patch. Future 2.2 skins will be released in subsequent patches.
- Icons: The Voidreaver, The Pridestalker, Apex Predator, King of the Rift
- Emotes: Heh!, GameTime, Adorable Assailant
- Spawn Tags: The Voidreaver, The Pridestalker
- Icon Borders: The Hunt Begins
- Baubles: The Wolf Knight, The Celestial Lion, Void Wing, Trophy Collection
MASTERS OF THE HUNT
Ever shrouded by the fog of war, the jungles of Wild Rift can prove deadly to even the bravest of champions. Yet two natural-born hunters now claim this savage battleground as their domain, each intent on making a trophy of the other.
The Masters of the Hunt event will begin on May 6. More information available soon.
These two ferocious champions are bringing their vendetta to Wild Rift with a new high-stakes mechanic: Nemesis Duel! This feature is a permanent part of the game that will continue even once the event ends. A Nemesis Duel event can trigger when the respective champions meet all the following conditions:
- Both are at or above Level 13
- Neither have dealt or taken champion damage within 5 seconds
- Both are alive
- Both are at least 16 units apart
A Nemesis Duel won’t happen every game these conditions are met, but when it does, everyone in the game will know through an in-game announcement. A champion wins the Nemesis Duel event when the opposing champion dies within 3 seconds of taking damage from the winning champion.
The first Nemesis Duel in Wild Rift is The Hunt is On!
- If Rengar wins, Rengar automatically gains Ferocity during (Ult) Thrill of the Hunt.
- If Kha’Zix wins, Kha’Zix gains an extra evolution point.
More information on Nemesis Duel will be available soon!
Darius is able to beat down his opponents with his raw stats. The devs are giving him a bit less health to play within the lane.
- Base health: 650 HP → 610 HP
- Base health regen: 9 → 7
Now that y’all seem to have better mastered Draven’s axe-catching shenanigans, he’s strutting into a more unhealthy spot. They are toning down his damage so that they can still encourage his heavy AD playstyle, but opponents should have more space to fight against him before he snowballs outta control.
(1) Spinning Axe
- Damage: 55/60/65/70 → 45/50/55/60
Evelynn’s ultimate is up too frequently, allowing her to both escape sticky situations and execute people without enough downtime. Nerfing its cooldown should increase windows for opponents to make plays against her, especially in the early-mid game.
(Ult) Last Caress
- Cooldown: 100/80/60s → 120/95/70s
According to the devs, they went a bit too hard on Galio and also discovered a bug that may have skewed their assessment of his power. They are buffing back some things that support Galio’s tankiness, but also reverting some changes is felt had a higher value in making him more fun.
- Health per level: 115 → 125
(P) Colossal Smash
- Cooldown: 5/4.5/4s → 5/4/3s
(1) Winds of War
- [BUGFIX] Fixed an issue where Galio’s (1) was dealing its initial damage twice
- % Health Damage per AP ratio: 1.5% → 2%
Katarina is a bit strong, especially at higher levels of play. They are taking some power out of the parts of her kit that skilled players are able to more consistently take advantage of.
- Damage: 72 to 240 (based on level) → 62 to 230 (based on level)
- Range: 6.5 → 6
Leona should be shining in the lane against ranged supports in the Duo Lane, but she’s getting overshadowed. These changes are intended to make her better at finding those fights and winning against squishies.
- Base health regen: 7.5 → 9
- Damage: 25 to 137 → 33 to 145
(3) Zenith Blade
- Range: 7 → 7.5
You didn’t see anything…
(3) Guerrilla Warfare
- [BUGFIX] Camouflage duration per rank up now correctly displays as 3/3.5/4/4.5s instead of 3/4/5/6s (duration unchanged, tooltip fix only)
Ziggs’ early game is too explosive.
(1) Bouncing Bomb
- Cooldown: 6/5.5/5/4.5s → 7.5/6.5/5.5/4.5s
DUO CARRY CHANGES
The Duo Lane meta is close to being very healthy. They are taking this opportunity to buff the slightly underperforming duo carry champs to help them catch up.
Compared to her PC counterpart, Wild Rift’s Ashe has way fewer arrows going BRRRR, so the devs are giving her a way to keep up with more Volleys.
- Cooldown: 14/11/8/5s → 13/10/7/4s
They are amping up Tristana’s burst damage so that she can find better opportunities to go for the big plays.
(3) Explosive Charge
- Active base damage: 65/80/95/110 → 70/90/110/130
(Ult) Buster Shot
- Base damage: 300/400/500 → 350/450/550
Varus could still use a bit more of a nudge to make him stronger in higher skill levels. They are amping up his execute so that players who can capitalize on his Blighted Quiver/Arrow combo are better rewarded.
- Base Mana: 345 → 390
(2) Blighted Quiver
- Missing health damage:
- Level 1: 6.5% to 9.75% → 6.5% to 13%
- Level 15: 13.5% to 20.25% → 13.5% to 27%
Vayne’s ultimate, while strong overall, is pretty weak in the early game. They are making Final Hour a reasonable option for her to help her in lane duels.
(Ult) Final Hour
- Bonus AD: 20/30/40 → 30/40/50
- Cooldown: 90/75/60s → 80/70/60s
Xayah’s cooldowns feel quite long in Wild Rift due to the lack of AD + Ability Haste options. Additionally, her Bladecaller has room to be more rewarding players who can trap her opponents.
(2) Deadly Plumage
- Mana: 60 → 50
- Cooldown: 20/18/16/14s → 19/17/15/13s
- Root duration: 1s → 1.25s
Enchanter supports are overperforming, so the devs are looking to normalize the cost of their items to be in the same area as their tankier counterparts.
- Total cost: 2600g → 2800g
- Combine cost: 650g → 850g
- Base damage: 16 to 30 → 16 to 25
- Bonus damage HP ratio: 1% → 0.8%
Oftentimes, they are seeing poke champions able to stack Conqueror before even entering a fight. This was a bit too forgiving, and they want Conqueror to be more of a long-term commitment, not a flight of fancy.
- Stack duration: 8s → 6s
Barrier’s frequent uptime often meant it was always the right choice no matter what lane opponent you were facing. They would like Barrier to be more of a strategic counter than a guaranteed pick.
- Cooldown: 90s → 120s
GAME SYSTEM CHANGES
Infernal and Cloud Dragon are running a little hotter (and… windier) than Mountain and Ocean. The devs are lightly nerfing them to close the gap. These adjustments should make them still worth taking, but less game-deciding.
- Damage bonus: 8% → 6%
ELDER INFERNAL DRAGON
- Damage bonus: 12% → 9%
- Damage bonus per stack: 4% → 3%
- Movement speed bonus: 7.5% → 6%
ELDER CLOUD DRAGON
- Movement speed bonus: 11.25% → 9%
- Movement speed bonus per stack: 3.75% → 3%
FREE-TO-PLAY CHAMPION ROTATION
April 29 – May 5 : Ezreal, Jarvan IV, Jhin, Leona, Lee Sin, Malphite, Orianna, Seraphine, Rakan, Teemo
May 6 – May 12: Amumu, Camille, Draven, Katarina, Kennen, Lulu, Nami, Rammus, Vayne, Zed