Wild Rift Patch 2.6: New Shield and Support Items added in Patch 2.6 of League of Legends Wild Rift. The developers will add new items inside Wild Rift that are beneficial for mages, assassins, and support champions. Two new items which provide a shield effect will be added for the first time in the game. Moreover, two new support items will also be introduced.
The Shield Items
In the late game, squishy mages and assassins were often picked off easily by enemy ambushes. To give them more survivability, the Wild Rift developers will add Banshee’s Veil and Edge of Night here. These were already available in the PC League of Legends.
- Banshee’s Veil
- It is mainly suited for mages as it helps them to get some defense at the cost of a slight decrease in the Ability Power.
- Mages receive Magic Resist from the stats of the item. But the passive from the item grants a Spell Shield. This will absorb the next ability of the enemy that will hit the champion when triggered.
- The total cost of Banshee’s Veil is 3000g.
- It is built by combining Needlessly Large Rod (1440g) + Negatron Cloak (900g) + 660g.
- It provides 70 Ability Power.
- It gives 40 Magic Resist.
- It also adds 10 Ability Haste.
- The unique passive of Banshee’s Veil is Annul which grants a spell shield that blocks the next enemy’s ability after getting triggered.
- Edge of Night
- It is mainly built for Assassins.
- Assassin champions gain additional Armor Penetration and Spell Shield from this item.
- The total cost of Edge of Night is 3000g.
- It is built by combining Serrated Dirk (1000g) + Jaurim’s Fist (1200g) + 800g.
- It provides 250 Health.
- It also gives 50 Attack Damage.
- Edge of Night’s passive is Gouge which gives 10 Armor Penetration.
- The unique passive of the item is Annul which grants a spell shield that blocks the next enemy’s ability after getting activated.
The Support Items
The Wild Rift developers will also add two new support items which will be Hextech Megadrive and Ixtali Seedjar.
- Hextech Megadrive
- This is a useful item for support champions. It helps them in reducing the cooldowns of their active items whenever they use heals, shields, or immobilize the enemy champions.
- The total cost of Hextech Megadrive is 2700g.
- It is built by combining Lost Chapter (1050g) + Giant’s Belt (1000g) + 650g.
- It adds 300 Health and 200 Mana.
- It provides 35 Ability Power.
- It also gives 15 Ability Haste.
- The unique passive of Hextech Megadrive is Tinker. It reduces the active item cooldown by 10% (with a 5-second inbuilt passive cooldown). when your champion heals or shields your allies. The active item cooldown is reduced by 15% when you immobilize enemies (there is no cooldown for the unique passive here).
- Ixtali Seedjar
- The Ixtali Seedjar is a brand new type of item in League of Legends Wild Rift.
- The champion having this item can view seeds whenever they or their allies hit a plant in the Summoner’s Rift. The seed can be also be picked and replanted at various locations on the map. Thus, it provides a lot of room for a unique playstyle.
- The Ixtali Seedjar costs 2500g.
- It is built by combining Chain Vest (900g) + Negatron Cloak (900g) + 700g.
- It gives 45 Armor.
- It provides 45 Magic Resist.
- The item’s passive is Spring which gives 5% movement speed to the champion.
- Ixtali Seedjar’s unique passive is Propagation. Whenever you or your ally hits a Honeyfruit, Scryer’s Bloom, or Blast Cone, it drops a seed that only you can see. You can also pick it up and replant it elsewhere on the Summoner’s Rift.
This will be the last item update for 2021. The Wild Rift developers will be looking at the performance of these new items and making suitable changes to balance them if needed.
Stay tuned with us as we bring you more updates regarding League of Legends Wild Rift.