VCT Masters Tokyo 2023: Format, schedule, teams, and more about VALORANT Masters Tokyo 2023 – With regional leagues in the VALORANT Champions Tour ending soon, we now look forward to the upcoming international tournament. The VCT Masters Tokyo will have the best teams compete against each other. We have explained all the important details about this event below. Check them out.
VCT Masters Tokyo 2023: Format, schedule, teams, and more about VALORANT Masters Tokyo 2023
The VCT Masters Tokyo will have a total of 12 teams qualifying for the event (4 high-seeded teams along with 8 low-seeded teams). These are the teams that have earned the top spots in the FGC Invitational: Act 1 (China), as well as the VCT Americas, EMEA, and Pacific regional leagues.
Details surrounding VCT Masters Tokyo have been revealed along with a Masters record setting prize pool
– GSL Format
– Double Elimination Bracket pic.twitter.com/a1xpJL4z1M
— Valorant News (@ValorINTEL) May 26, 2023
Location, Duration, and Prize Pool
As we can infer from the name, the tournament will be held in the city of Tokyo, Japan. The Lower and Grand Finals will be held at the Makuhari Messe convention center. Meanwhile, the other parts of the tournament will be conducted at the TIPSTAR DOME CHIBA convention center.
VCT Masters Tokyo 2023 will kick off on June 11 and the grand finals will be held on June 26.
The tournament has a massive $1 million USD prize pool which will be distributed among the participating teams as per their rankings.
Three teams from VCT Americas and VCT Pacific each will get to qualify for VCT Masters Tokyo. Since Fnatic won the VCT LOCK//IN São Paulo tournament earlier this year, the EMEA regional league will have 4 teams that can qualify for this event. The final two teams will qualify from China’s FGC Invitational: Act 1 tournament.
There will be 4 high seed teams (3 winners of VCT Americas, EMEA, and Pacific + the runner-up team from the EMEA region). The other 8 qualifying teams will be lower-seeded.
— VALORANT Champions Tour (@ValorantEsports) May 27, 2023
Group Stage: June 11 – 14
- 8 lower-seeded teams will be divided into 2 groups having 4 teams each.
- It will have a double-elimination format and all matchups will be best-of-3 series.
- The top 2 teams from each group (total 4 teams) will advance forward to the Playoffs.
Playoffs Stage: June 16 – 25
- 4 high-seed teams along with 4 teams qualifying from the Group Stage will participate.
- It will also follow a double-elimination format. The regular matchups will be best-of-3 series while the Lower Final and Grand Finals will be best-of-5 series.
These are the 12 teams that have qualified for VCT Masters Tokyo 2023 from the different regions.
- VCT EMEA – Fnatic, FUT Esports, Team Liquid, Natus Vincere
- VCT Americas – LOUD, Evil Geniuses, NRG
- VCT Pacific – Paper Rex, DRX, T1
- FGC Invitational (China) – Attacking Soul Esports, EDward Gaming
The higher and lower-seeded teams have not been fully finalized since most regions have not yet concluded their league finals.
Where to watch
If you are interested in VALORANT and want to see the best teams in the world compete against one another, here’s how you can do so.
Stay tuned with us to get the latest updates from VALORANT and other popular games from around the world.