VCT Challengers 2024: Schedule and new changes to Challengers League from next year – Riot Games is planning on improving their Challengers scene for the upcoming 2024 VCT Season. On Oct. 20, they revealed a detailed roadmap for the VCT Challengers 2024 that will help budding pro players aspiring to join the VALORANT scene. Here are all the details
VCT Challengers 2024: Schedule and new changes to Challengers League from next year
Riot Games plans the Challengers schedule to provide more opportunities to professionals who wish to climb up to the biggest stage of VCT. The Challengers and Ascension Tournaments attract new talent from VALORANT communities across different regions around the globe.
As per Riot’s announcement, the Challengers schedule will be packed for the entirety of 2024. We all know that the VCT Challengers and Game Changers scene provides the beginning platform for aspiring VALORANT pros. Hence, this schedule will ensure that the Tier 2 teams and players will have ample tournaments to participate in and perform to the best of their abilities.
- The VCT Challengers 2024 will begin from the month of January. It will have the same teams from the 2023 VCT season and will start with Open Qualifiers. More information about the Challengers Regional Open Qualifiers will be provided in the future on respective channels.
- In 2024, a change will be brought into this scene by introducing the first-ever Promotion and Relegation event between Challengers League and Premier teams at the end of Stage 1. Through this, the Premier teams will get a fighting chance to compete against Challenger teams for a spot in Stage 2 of the season. Riot will provide more details about this at a later date.
- After the conclusion of the 2024 Ascension Tournaments in Sept. 2024, the VCT Challengers 2025 season will kick off in Oct. 2025. Riot believes that such an early start will help them reduce gaps in the VCT schedule and also provide enough preparation time for Ascension’s winning team to play on the international stage.
Apart from these changes to the Challengers League, Riot Games will also be introducing new features. These are:
- From the VCT 2024 season, international teams can form Affiliate Partnerships with Challenger and Game Changers teams. The members from both teams can collaborate for content and commercial purposes. For Challenger teams, the partnership must come from an international team in their region. No such rule will be applicable to Game Changers teams.
- Riot will also introduce a Two-Way Player system where substitute players from international teams will be able to play for their Affiliate Partner team roster. This option will be available to them so as to spend more time competing rather than sitting on the bench.
- The final feature that will be brought to the scene in the VCT 2024 season will be Player Loans. International League teams will be able to loan out their players to teams outside of the International League, such as Challengers or Game Changers teams. But the loaned players will not be eligible to compete for their original team until the loan expires.
As we can see there are a lot of changes coming to the VALORANT Challengers scene from 2024 onwards. Riot Games will provide more detailed information about the changes in the coming months before the start of the next season. Stay tuned with us as we bring to you more updates from VALORANT and its esports community.