The International is back for 2021, with this announcement, Valve is also introducing many supporting events that will showcase the best overview of the Dota 2 community. Valve announced the Short Film Contest for the community. In this contest, filmmakers could create videos based on Dota 2 and submit their videos to win exciting prizes and rewards.
This contest is purely based on community interaction, as DotA 2 Community will decide the winner of the contest. This contest takes place every year to support and highlight potential filmmakers. The filmmakers need to create a short film of 90 sec based on Dota 2 and submit it for community review. The top submission which will get the best response from the community will be featured in-game for the final process. Dota 2 players will also vote for their favorite short film, where Valve will showcase the winning entries at the stage of The International 10.
The top 10 entries will also win the cash prizes which are mentioned below.
- First Place – $25,000
- Second Place – $10,000
- Third Place – $5,000
- Fourth – Tenth Place – $500
DotA 2 Short Film Contest – Guidelines
- Entries must be based on Dota 2 and no longer than 90 seconds
- Entries can use any techniques to form or combine the animation or live-action
- Entry must be at least 1080p quality
- Filmmakers are free to use any Valve IP ( note – If you use any non-Valve IP, you must be the copyright owner or have explicit permission from the owner)
- One filmmaker can submit multiple entries
- The entry must be Free of Advertisements
The last date for entry submission is 25th July 2021. Submitted entries will be reviewed by the Steam community first then it will proceed to the in-game appearance. If your entry got selected for the appearance in-game for the voting process, you will be informed via email address. The winning entries will be shown on 10th August 2021 at the stage of The International 10.