VALORANT PATCH NOTES 4.09: Riot Introduces Party Lead Transfer — You can now change the lead of your party. Valorant Public Beta Environment (PBE) servers have received a new update, version 4.09, which includes significant changes that may cause alarm some Chamber players. It will be the first patch of the new Act and since the release of Fade, many players are wondering if any agents are getting buffed or nerfed to counter-act her abilities.
Right now, Chamber’s Trademark outperforms other Sentinel tools in both reliability and power, which feels inappropriate given the amount of defensive combat tools Chamber has spread across the rest of his kit. We believe Chamber’s identity is defined by his unique weapons and defensive combat mobility, so we are decreasing his level of global flank protection/information and increasing counterplay on a single premium trap. This means Chamber will have to make a choice based on if he wants to play selfishly around his Trademark, or place it to help his teammates instead.
A quick note about Sentinels: When we think about the Sentinel role, we think about its overall ability to keep map control and defend space. We believe that Sentinels and Sentinel players should have many options and methods to control and defend, whether it’s through the use of Sage’s reactive slow abilities, Cypher’s flank-watching gadgets, or defensively-oriented combat and guns like Chamber. Like all our Agents, it’s important to carve out sharp strengths and weaknesses for Chamber in the roster. If you take him for his weapon arsenal and disengage, you should feel as if you’re giving up a strength—like traps or stall—that his peers excel at. As usual, all eyes are now on Chamber changes, and we’ll adjust if we see him suffer disproportionately on defense relative to attack. —Jay Watford, Lead Agent Designer, and Dan Hardison, Game Designer
- Party Lead Transfer — You can now change the lead of your party
- Current party leader can right click the player name they want to transfer the responsibility to, and choose “Make Leader” in the drop down menu.
- A number of small tweaks and updates made to the UI
- Added Observer ability to toggle Scoreboard on/off
- Fixed a bug where Jett’s Tailwind would sometimes fail to cast when used immediately after curving a Cloudburst smoke
- Fixed a bug where Jett’s ultimate indicator would sometimes stay active after firing all kunai
- Fixed an issue where an unintended ‘use’ input could happen after abilities such as Skye’s Trailblazer or Sova’s Owl Drone is activated while using the ‘use’ key