There are a few significant changes in the Valorant version 5.03, which is currently available in the patch notes. The upcoming changes in the new patch are listed below. The patch notes for Valorant version 5.03 include a number of adjustments that will impact not just a number of Agents but also the visual features of Riot’s FPS. Of course, players should also anticipate bug patches to be included in the update. Finally, Valorant’s Chamber will receive a nerf. Riot has focused on the snarky sniper, knocking him down a few notches to end his reign of terror after an astronomical pick rate during the Valorant Champions Tour Masters in Copenhagen.
The most obvious balance modification for agents is how Chamber will operate going forward. According to Riot, the French sentinel has been significantly nerfed because its advantages have begun to outweigh the disadvantages. The Rendevouz ability’s basic cooldown and recall cooldown were both increased by the devs, while the slow of the Trademark ability, the slow of his Ultimate Tour De Force, and the number of Ultimate Points needed to trigger Tour de Force were all decreased.
- Engine update to Unreal Engine 4.26
- This update improves the toolset available to our developers in many ways, however, this change will likely go unnoticed by you, as the goal of any Engine update is to happen under the radar.
- There are some known issues this time around though, mostly the UI is misbehaving. We’re fixing these as quickly as we can, but expect some funkiness in the game and in the Main Menu. If anything interrupts your gameplay, please submit a bug report.
- Agent Browser visual design refresh
- Just thought we should leverage some of the cool Agent art and lean more into our VALORANT style.
Chamber Got Nerf
- Base Cooldown increased 20s >>> 30s
- Recall Cooldown increased 20s >>> 30s
- Cooldown set to 45s whenever a Rendezvous anchor is destroyed
- The diameter size of the “ring” Chamber can stand that allows him to activate Rendezvous decreased 21m >>> 15m
- Slow Duration decreased 9.5 >>> 6s
Tour de Force (X)
- Ultimate points required increased by seven > eight
- Slow duration decreased 9.5 > six seconds
- Bullet cost increased 100 > 150
- It’s important that Headhunter is a powerful sidearm for Chamber but at its current price point Chamber doesn’t have to engage in making difficult economic decisions as meaningfully as other Agents. This should most noticeably impact Chamber’s decision-making on pistol rounds and save rounds. The ultimate point change to Tour De Force is also working towards this goal.