THE MAIN RANKING
The main ranking shows the present position of the team at a regional or world level.
HOW do the ranking points work?
Points are awarded to the team according to their performances in the tournaments/events.
WHAT is decay?
The points will decay over time until they will disappear after 6 months or 24 weeks.
HOW many points does the tournament give?
Each tournament/event is given points according to its level of difficulty. Tournaments/events are distributed into 5 levels i.e. Elite Plus, Elite, Premium, Standard, and Normal.
WHAT ARE MULTIPLIER POINTS?
Multiplier points are used on the team regional points to list the teams in the world ranking on the basis of their region difficulty and team performance.
HOW Do the ranking points work?
- Points are awarded to the teams after the tournament/event has ended.
- Points are not transferable to the players and will always remain with the team that earned them.
- The only final ranking of the tournament/event will be considered for EsportsGen overall team ranking.
- Minimum two tournaments/events need to be played by the team in order to get the regional or world ranking.
- The ranking point of a team is determined by the average points earned by a team in all the tournaments/events.
- The ranking of the team will be updated after 2 weeks or 15 days. For example, the ranking released in the month of October 2022 will consider the tournaments played between April 2022 – September 2022.
WHAT IS DECAY?
To keep the competition between the teams in the ranking position, points of the team will decay over time ultimately making it to zero after 6 months.
- Up to 2 months or 8 weeks – 100% of total points
- Up to 4 months or 16 weeks – 75% of total points
- Up to 6 months or 24 weeks – 50% of total points
- After 6 months – 0%
HOW MANY POINTS DOES THE TOURNAMENT GIVE?
Tournaments/events are rated by their level of difficulty (Elite Plus, Elite, Premium, Standard, Normal). A team is considered a participant if it played in the finals of the tournament/event.
FORMULA – Std*.75+Pre*.8+Pre+Pre*1.2+El*1.25/ No. of (Normal+Std+Pre+Elite+Eplus)
If teams in the Ranking are exactly tied by points at some point, the one that has played more tournaments/events will get a higher ranking.
HOW DO MULTIPLIER POINTS WORK?
The multiplier points are decided for each region based on the team’s performance in the most recently finished global event finals. As each region is represented by their best team in a global event. The final position of the team will decide the multiplier points. With regions represented by more than 2 teams, the best performing team’s multiplier points will be considered in the world ranking. Here are the multiplier points granted for the global event standings.
|4th - 6th||x1.1|
|7th - 10th||x1.05|
|11th - 15th||x1|
|No team from the region||x0.95|
Present multiplier points
|Middle East & Africa||x1.15|