THE MAIN RANKING
The main ranking shows the present position of the team at a regional or world level.
HOW do the ranking points work?
Points are awarded to the team according to their performances in the tournaments.
WHAT is decay?
The points will decay over time until they will disappear after 6 months or 24 weeks.
HOW many points does tournament give?
Each tournament is given points according to their level of difficulty. Tournaments are distributed into 5 levels i.e. Elite Plus, Elite, Premium, Standard, Normal.
HOW Do the ranking points work?
- Points are awarded to the teams after the tournament has ended.
- Points are not transferable to the players and will always remain with the team that earned them.
- The only final ranking of the tournament will be considered for EsportsGen overall team ranking.
- Minimum two tournaments need to be played by the team in order to get the regional or world ranking.
- The ranking point of a team is determined by the average points earned by a team in all the tournament.
- The ranking of the team will be updated after 2 weeks or 15 days. Example: Ranking released at the month of October 2020 with consider the tournaments played between April 2020 – September 2020.
WHAT IS DECAY?
To keep the competition between the teams in the ranking position, points of the team will decay over time ultimately making it to zero after 12 months.
- Up to 3 months or 12 weeks – 100% of total points
- Up to 4.5 months or 18 weeks – 75% of total points
- Up to 6 months or 24 weeks – 25% of total points
- After 6 months – 0%
HOW MANY POINTS DO TOURNAMENT GIVE?
Tournaments are rated by their level of difficulty (Elite Plus, Elite, Premium, Standard, Normal). A team is considered a participant if it played in the finals of the tournament.
FORMULA – Std*.75+Pre*.8+Pre+Pre*1.2+El*1.25/ No. of (Normal+Std+Pre+Elite+Eplus)
If teams in the Ranking are exactly tied by points at some point, the one that has played more number of tournaments will get a higher ranking.