Pokemon GO Party Play feature is coming soon, allowing friends to play together – While Niantic takes Pokemon GO as a community-based game, there are very few instances that allow players to interact with each other in the game. This will change now as the developers are going to introduce a new feature called Party Play that will allow players to work together and complete party challenges. Let us take a look at the official announcement.
Are you ready for a new way to play Pokémon GO with your friends? 🥳
Soon, you’ll be able to start the party everywhere you GO with Party Play!
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) October 16, 2023
Pokemon GO Party Play feature is coming soon, allowing friends to play together
Pokemon GO’s Party Play feature will be launching on Oct. 17. It will allow players to form or join a party with up to three of their friends within the game. Players can then take on various party challenges and raids as a group. When players are in a party, they can see their friends’ avatars on the in-game map.
How to create or join a party in Pokemon GO?
If you want to create or join a new party in Pokemon GO, follow the steps given below.
- Open the game and go to your Trainer profile.
- Click on the new Party tab. There will be two options available, Join Party or Create.
- By pressing Create, the player be given a QR code or numerical code that they can share with up to 3 other Pokemon GO players to create a new party.
- Pressing the Join Party option will prompt you to either scan the party host’s QR code or enter a numerical code.
- After the host starts the party, the in-game map will open and the avatars of your party members will also be shown on it.
Features of Party Play in Pokemon GO
Introducing the Party Play feature in Pokemon GO will give many advantages to trainers.
- Party Challenges and additional rewards: After a party is formed, the players will get a pop-up detailing various Party Challenges like spinning PokeStops, battling in raids, catching Pokemons, and many more. Completing these tasks will give additional in-game rewards to trainers.
- Party Power buff: When players challenge a raid with their party, they will get a bonus called Party Power. It will double the damage of their next Charged Attack and charges with every Fast Attack. Hence, having more party members charges this buff faster.
- Party Activity Summary: Players can also keep track of the activities they do with their party. By going to the Party tab in their Trainer profile, one can check the different categories like Pokemon, Throws, Adventure, Battle, and General that can be done together.
You can check out the YouTube video from the official Pokemon GO channel to learn more about the Party Play feature.
Stay tuned with us to get the latest updates regarding Pokemon GO and other popular games from around the world.