MultiVersus, a brand new Warner Bros. fighting game featuring everyone’s favorite characters – MultiVersus is a crossover platform fighting game that has attracted the eyes of all fighting game aficionados out there. It has been developed by Player First Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The game’s first official season started on Monday, Aug. 15. The main selling point of the game is that it features characters from multiple IPs owned by Warner Bros.
The hype around the game was generated with its open beta which was released to the public on July 26. In a short time, MultiVersus was experienced remarkable success as people flocked to play their favorite characters. The huge popularity forced the developers to delay the launch of season one.
MultiVersus: Game Overview
MultiVersus is a free-to-play fighting game that puts an emphasis on teamwork. It features a two-on-two format and supports full cross-play, cross-progression, and rollback netcode with its launch.
The developers of this Warner Bros. fighting game have promised to expand the list of available characters. The expanding roster includes characters from franchises like Rick and Morty, Game of Thrones, DC, Scooby-Doo, Looney Tunes, Adventure Time, and many more popular universes. Apart from characters added from different universes, the developers have also announced that there will be some brand-new original characters added to the game.
According to the tweet by the official MultiVersus account, an all-new battle pass will be started with the launch of season one in the game. Although we do not have any details regarding the pass’s content yet, there have been some screenshot leaks and rumors floating around. From the leaked screenshots, we can see the season one page showcasing new in-game cosmetics, different types of character costumes, banners, icons, and much more.
We’re excited to announce Season 1 will begin on August 15 with a brand-new Battle Pass for you to earn in-game rewards! We can also confirm Morty will join the character roster on August 23 as part of Season 1. We look forward to sharing more in the coming weeks! #MultiVersus
— MultiVersus (@multiversus) August 11, 2022
Through a follow-up tweet, the MultiVersus developers have also alerted players that not all new in-game content will be released at once. The new ranked and classic arcade modes will not be coming at the same time, but will instead be spread throughout the running time of season one.
MultiVersus: Confirmed and Leaked Characters
During the last several months, many data miners have gone through the files of various tests and builds provided by leakers online. The results show that the final roster of the game will have a lot of people’s favorite characters soon in the future, like Superman and Bugs Bunny.
After going through all of the leaks and checking out the confirmed roster in MultiVersus, players can expect to play with the following characters within the game. Players have been cautioned that the leaked characters might still be scraped by the developers. So, some of them might not make it to the final character pool in the game.
- Confirmed characters
- DC Comics: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Black Adam
- Scooby-Doo: Shaggy, Velma
- Looney Tunes: Bugs Bunny, Taz
- Tom and Jerry
- Game of Thrones: Arya Stark
- Adventure Time: Jake the Dog, Finn the Human
- Steven Universe: Steven Universe, Garnet
- Rick and Morty: Rick Sanchez, Morty
- Iron Giant
- Space Jam 2: Lebron James
- Gremlins: Stripe
- Original characters for the game: Reindog
— MultiVersus (@multiversus) August 15, 2022
- Leaked characters
- DC Comincs: The Joker (Datamined), Nubia (Datamined/Maybe a skin for Wonder Woman), Raven (Datamined), Poison Ivy (Datamined), Static Shock (Datamined)
- Looney Tunes: Marvin The Martian (Datamined),
- Lord of the Rings: Gandalf (Leaked images/Maybe scrapped), Legolas (Datamined/Maybe scrapped)
- Harry Potter: Harry Potter (Original game leak/Maybe scrapped), Ron Weasley (Original game leak/Maybe scrapped)
- Fred Flintstone (Original game leak)
- Johnny Bravo (Original game leak)
- Mad Max (Original game leak/Maybe scrapped)
- Ben 10 (Early leaks)
- Kaiju Universe: Godzilla (Datamined), King Kong (Datamined)
- The Matrix: Neo (Datamined)
- Mortal Kombat: Scorpion (Datamined and early leaks), Sub Zero (Datamined)
- Gremlins: Gizmo (Datamined/Maybe variant skin for Stripe)
- The LEGO Movie: Emmet (Datamined)
- Craig of the Creek (Datamined)
- The Wizard of Oz: Wicked Witch (Datamined)
- Game of Thrones: Daenerys Targaryen (Datamined)
- Beetlejuice (Datamined)
Apart from the datamined characters that have been revealed, there are also files of other characters available within the released code. For example, multiple pieces of data show that Naruto might appear in the game according to some file names and visuals. But placeholder data for an original ninja character was also present within the game’s codes, creating confusion. Some speculate that this might be a backup option in case the licensing for Naruto falls through.
— Juiqz (@Juiqzzz) August 12, 2022
Similarly, Ralph from Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph movie series was also mentioned in the data mine, along with another original fighter for the game called Brute. There have also been references Hulk, so we might be a possibility of having Disney’s Incredible Hulk.
There have also been rumors that Ted Lasso, Eleven from Stranger Things, Animaniacs, Samurai Jack, and the Hound from Game of Thrones might be also be added to the game in near future.
MultiVersus: Gaming Platforms
The game is playable across various platforms like PC, PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. Since it supports full cross-play and cross-progression, users will be able to save their progress in the game and access it through multiple devices.
Stay tuned with us to get updates and news regarding the latest game releases. You can also find guides and esports news of different games here.