Mobile GamingNewsPC Gaming

Mobile categories to be featured in Esports Awards 2020

0
esports awards
Image Via Esports Awards

Esports Awards are back for 2020 with eight new categories including two categories featuring mobile esports and one for collegiate esports.

The eight new categories (awards) making their debut at the 2020 event are – esports mobile game of the year, esports mobile player of the year, esports collegiate award, esports content team of the year, esports content series of the year, esports caster of the year (play by play), esports caster of the year (colour) and esports analyst of the year.

Esports Awards are one of the oldest ceremonies that showcase top-class performance and innovation from, amongst others, the players, teams, media, hardware providers, games, events, and personalities within the scene. The main focus of these awards is to give credibility to all esports involved and the integrity of every step is closely monitored by the Esports Awards committee.

The first Esports Awards was held in 2016. Since then each year witness this award ceremony. This year will be the 5th edition of Esports Awards.

Fan voting for the community awards will open in July, with the industry and creative awards voting following in August and finally the pro and on-air awards opening up for voting in September.

In the case of awards categories in the Community group, the community accounts for 100% of the overall vote. Only the votes of the people will be considered for the awards. Here is the list of awards that falls under this category

PROCESS

There are a total of 5 stages in this season of Esports Awards 2020. Starting from filling up the nomination to the grand final ceremony. While the date for the main event has not yet been announced but the nominations for each category has been started on the website. The finalists for each of the five awards categories will all be announced in separate Spotlight Shows, starting in July.

  • Stage 1 – Nominations open
  • Stage 2 – Finalists announced
  • Stage 3 – Public vote
  • Stage 4 – Panel vote
  • Stage 5 – The Awards
  • Community – Announced in Spotlight Show 2 in July
  • Industry  – Announced in Spotlight Show 3 in August
  • Creative – Announced in Spotlight Show 3 in August
  • Pro – Announced in Spotlight Show 4 in September
  • On-Air Talent – Announced in Spotlight Show 4 in September

A panel of experts has been selected to pick the winners alongside the community votes. The Panel makes up 75% of the vote for almost every award, with the remaining 25% being accounted for by the community.

HOW TO NOMINATE

Nominations for all 31 awards are now open, so if you wish to submit names for consideration can do so by visiting the Esports Awards 2020 nominations page. Nominate your favourite team, player, game, streamer and content creator.

 

Ninja to host “Ninja Battles” an online Fortnite Invitational series on Mixer

Previous article

TSM’s player fined with one month salary cut for being disrespectful

Next article

You may also like

Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.