Magic: The Gathering x Street Fighter II to introduce eight new characters- Fans of Magic: The Gathering can rejoice as the Wizards of the Coast, the publishers of the game, have announced that they will be collaborating with Capcom’s Street Fighter II series. Players will be able to preorder “Secret Lair x Street Fighter” limited-edition Magic: The Gathering card series. In this series, unique cards from the Street Fighter series will be available. Here are all the details regarding the collaboration event.
Magic: The Gathering x Street Fighter II to introduce eight new characters
Capcom is celebrating the 35th year anniversary of the release of Street Fighter II. Thus, they have collaborated with Magic: The Gathering to introduce eight new character cards (from the Street Fighter II universe) here. Each of these cards is of Legendary rarity and comes with their unique effect which resembles the ultimate attack of the character in the Street Fighter II game. The eight new character cards featured in this series are:
- E. Honda, Sumo Champion
- Ryu, World Warrior
- Ken, Burning Brawler
- Blanka, Ferocious Friend
- Chun-Li, Countless Kicks
- Dhalsim, Pliable Pacifist
- Guile, Sonic Solider
- Zangief, the Red Cyclone
The limited-edition “Secret Lair x Street Fighter” Magic: The Gathering series will be available in both the traditional foil, which will cost $39.99, and regular editions, which will cost$29.99. It will available for purchase from 29th July 2022.
Magic: The Gathering Superdrop
Wizards of the Coast have also announced a lot of new and variant cards for the Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty, apart from the Street Fighter collab.
The new bundles available are:
- Li’l Walkers – five Planeswalkers in their chibi versions by artist Uta Natsume
- Introducing Kaito Shizuki – featuring five versions of Kaito Shizuki by artist Rorubei
- Special Guest: Yuko Shimizu – four alternative art cards by Japanese illustrator Yuko Shimizu
- Showcase: Neon Dynasty – four neon foil ink cards by various artists
- Shades Not Included – five 1980s inspired synthwave Land cards by artist Ben Schnuck
- Pictures of the Floating World – five traditional Japanese style Land art cards by various Japanese artists
- Kamigawa: The Manga: The Cards – five alternative art cards in manga-art style by artist Riyou Kamei
All of these bundles are available in their foil and non-foil editions.
The collaboration between Magic: The Gathering and Street Fighter II will allow players to display some unique gameplays by using the newly added cards. Mark Heggen, the Product Architect for Wizards of the Coast said he and the team are “lifelong fans” of the Street Fighter series and that “this partnership has been a dream come true.”