LoL Worlds 2022 Group Stage: Here is a Group Stage overview of the League of Legends World Championship 2022, CHECK OUT DETAILS- With the conclusion of the Play-In Stage, DRX, Fnatic, Evil Geniuses, and Royal Never Give Up are the four teams that advanced from here to the Groups. As the next stage begins tomorrow (Oct. 7), let us take a look at the different groups and what to expect from each one.
LoL Worlds 2022: Group Stage Overview
Fans have many high expectations from this group. It has:
- Cloud9 – 2022 LCS Summer winner
- EDward Gaming – 2021 Worlds champion
- Fnatic – LEC third seed (Advanced from Play-Ins)
- T1 – 2022 LCK Summer runner-up
All these teams are in top form and hence we can expect many incredible gameplays in the matchups of this group. None of the teams can be overlooked and the competition will be quite fierce.
Similar to the previous one, this group also has many strong contenders. It has:
- DWG KIA – LCK third seed
- Evil Geniuses – LCS fourth seed (Advanced from Play-Ins)
- G2 Esports – 2022 LEC Summer runner-up
- JD Gaming – 2022 LPL Summer winner
None of these teams can be underestimated as almost everyone has a high chance of lifting the Summoner’s Cup this year. Fans are guaranteed to witness top performances from them in matches.
— LoL Esports (@lolesports) October 5, 2022
This group has:
- DRX – LCK fourth seed (Advanced from Play-Ins)
- GAM Esports – 2022 VCS Summer winner
- Rogue – 2022 LEC Summer winner
- Top Esports – 2022 LPL Summer runner-up
The Vietnamese representative (GAM Esports) needs to give its best if they want to defeat any of these teams. DRX has already proven itself in the Play-Ins while Rogue and Top Esports are looking in top form.
This group might be the most unfair one. It has:
- Gen.G – 2022 LCK Summer winner
- 100 Thieves – 2022 LCS Summer runner-up
- CTBC Flying Roster – 2022 PCS Summer winner
- Royal Never Give Up – LPL fourth seed (Advanced from Play-Ins)
Coming to League of Legends World Championship for the first time, it will be a tough battle for CTBC to stay alive against the experienced teams. Gen.G is currently the favorite to win the tournament but RNG and 100 Thieves cannot be underestimated at any cost.
These are the four groups and the 16 teams that will be participating in the LoL Worlds 2022 Group Stage. While the LCK and LPL teams seem to have a better chance of advancing to the Playoffs, no team should be sidelined. Otherwise, an unexpected upset may ruin someone’s chances in this tournament.
Stay tuned to receive the latest updates from the ongoing Worlds tournament.