League of Legends Wild Rift Season 2022: The Wild Rift 2022 scene will see major activity this year. During the League of Legends Premiere, the devs from the Wild Rift team provided their plans on how to make the game grow. There will be a bunch of new stuff that will be added to the game. Here is every detail that you should know if you are a League of Legends Wild Rift player.
New champions, events, and… Elemental Rift?! 👀
— League of Legends: Wild Rift (@wildrift) January 7, 2022
Elemental Rift arrives
In the next few months, the devs of the Wild Rift team will add the Elemental Rift to the game. For those that do not know what it is, it means that the map will have a single dominant element that will change its terrain in various ways. Since there are four types of dragons in the game, there will be four types of elemental rifts available. The Dragon Soul objective will also be introduced in Wild Rift when the Elemental Rift arrives.
- Infernal elemental rift knocks down walls and burns away bushes. Taking its Dragon Soul will make the team champions’ auto-attacks and abilities will create explosions on impact.
- Mountain elemental rift creates new terrain in the jungle. Taking its Dragon Soul will provide a powerful shield to the team champions.
- Ocean elemental rift spawns more bushes and extra honey fruits. Taking its Dragon Soul will give team champions extra healing from damaging enemies.
- Cloud elemental rift turns pathways into wind tunnels that increase champions’ movement speed. Taking its Dragon Soul will team champions to move even faster after casting their ultimate.
- Sett will be the first champion to be added in Wild Rift this year. He is a top/baron lane brawler who excels in team fights, especially against melee champions. His abilities provide crucial crowd control and area of effect damage in team fights. Sett will be released in the next few weeks.
- Yuumi will be released in the next month with a special event called Yuumi’s adventure. She is a bottom-lane enchanter support champion who gives buffs to an ally and can root enemies with her ultimate. Yuumi can literally latch onto an ally champion and become unforgettable.
- Shen and Karma from Ionia will also be introduced in Wild Rift with the release of Patch 3.1.
Return of Guild vs Guild and new Wild Pass
Last year the Guild vs Guild feature was tested where players could team up with their friends. They needed to complete objectives to progress and get rewards. In 2022, this feature will return and the players can compete in tasks related to Ionia.
A new Wild Pass has arrived that will allow players to gain more experience and rewards for playing Wild Rift. The exclusive skin that players will receive from this Wild Pass will be the Hexplorer Galio.
New Skins to be released
The following skins have been teased in Wild Rift and we hope that they will come soon.
- Firecracker skins for Diana, Sett, Xin Zhao, Tristana, and Teemo will be available before the Lunar New Year.
- The following skins also got teased:
- Sweetheart Annie
- Heartseeker Yuumi
- Heartseeker Varus
- Obsidian Malphite
- Infernal Kennen
- Zombie Slayer Pantheon
- Dragonslayer Olaf
- Cottontail Fizz
- Wild Rift exclusive skin for Ziggs (maybe of Cottontail series)
- Wild Rift exclusive skin for Blitzcrank
These are all the League of Legends WildRift announcements provided by the dev team. Stick with us to get more news as soon as the latest patch updates drop.