Vex – The Gloomist will arrive in League of Legends Wild Rift soon – Vex will be released in Wild Rift on Oct. 27 at 00:01 UTC. Vex lives in her own self-made slice of gloom in the black heart of the Shadow Isles. Although she lives far from the revolting cheer of the “normie” world and lacks ambition, she is quick to strike down the color and happiness of others.
- Role – Mage
- Difficulty – Low
- Lane – Mid lane
- Keystone – Electrocute
- Slot 1 – Scorch
- Slot 2 – Nullifying Orb
- Slot 3 – Manaflow Band
What’s wrong? Frog got your tongue? 🐸🎃
Brew up trouble for your enemies with Bewitching Vex, Miss Fortune, and Morgana, casting their spell on October 27 UTC! pic.twitter.com/CiJvoKf0pL
— League of Legends: Wild Rift (@wildrift) October 24, 2022
As a mid-lane mage, Vex has incredible minion wave clear and also many scaling abilities. If
- DOOM ‘N GLOOM (Passive): Vex can periodically become empowered. It causes her Ability to fear enemies and interrupt dashes. If a nearby enemy dashes, she applies a mark on them which is consumed for bonus damage while also reducing the passive’s cooldown.
- MISTRAL BOLT (1st skill): She creates a missile that accelerates while traveling toward a direction mid-flight.
- PERSONAL SPACE (2nd Skill): Using this ability, Vex can gain a shield while damaging nearby enemies.
- LOOMING DARKNESS (3rd Skill): She can summon a damaging and slowing zone that applies Gloom to enemies hit by it.
- SHADOW SURGE (Ultimate): Vex fires a missile that marks an enemy champion. She can recast to dash to them and deal damage. If the enemy is successfully killed, the cooldown gets reset.
Vex is known for her burst damage. Hence using items that can increases AP and help her scale is a must.
- Boots – Ionian Boots of Lucidity: It will reduce the cooldowns allowing Vex to spam her abilities.
- Enchantment – Stasis Enchant: Upgrading to the Stasis Enchant allows Vex to stay alive longer in skirmishes. Especially if she gets ambushed or caught out of position in team fights.
- Luden’s Echo: The bonus magic damage helps Vex to scale up.
- Awakened Soulstealer: The passive of this item helps to decrease the cooldown of Vex’s ultimate by killing different enemy champions.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap: This is the best magic item for any mage as it provides incredible ability power stats.
- Banshee’s Veil/Rod of Ages: Both these items increase the survivability of Vex. While the first one gives her a spell shield to block one enemy’s ability, the second one gives her additional high health.
- Morellonomicon/Void Staff: The player can purchase one of these items depending upon the in-game situation. The first one helps counter health regen and lifesteal abilities. The second one increases magic penetration and is a must against tank champions.
This can be considered a standard build for Vex in the mid-lane. The items provide a balance between scaling her ability power as well as increasing her survivability. Players can change the order of purchase or use other items depending on their in-game requirements.
Stay tuned for more such champion guides from League of Legends Wild Rift.
Read More– LoL Wild Rift Patch 3.4b: New champion Vex arrives in Summoner’s Rift, along with Halloween-themed skins