League of Legends Patch 11.16 Notes: Karma changes, New Skins, and More. Riot Games releases the League of Legends Patch 11.16 Notes today. This is a huge update in the League of Legends game. League of Legends Patch 11.16 Notes brings many champions buffs and nerfs, new skins, karma changes, and more. Read Full Patch Note below.
Riot Games posted, “Ah! You’re here, we’re back, and it’s time to crack open 11.16! In this patch, we’re helping out some sad friends: a boy and his yeti’s packing more in their snowballs, Sivir’s sharpening up her bouncing blades, and Jarvan’s really going to show that terrain who’s boss. We’re also targeting other friends who have been popping up on the balance radar, like a short yordle with a short fuse, and a monk with a big kick.”
League of Legends Patch 11.16 Notes: CHAMPIONS
DIANA: Passive damage to non-epic monsters decreased.
Since our 11.8 changes, Diana’s become a popular jungle pick, and a powerful one at that, especially in competitive play. Although we’re happy that Diana’s found a second home, she’s a little too strong. To nudge down her jungle strength, we’re nerfing her jungle clear.
- PASSIVE – MOONSILVER BLADE: DAMAGE TO NON-EPIC MONSTERS 300% ⇒ 250%
FIORA: E cooldown increased later.
Fiora’s been on the strong side for a while, especially in higher levels of play. We’re bringing down her split pushing and tower whacking power in mid to late phases of the game.
- E – BLADEWORK: COOLDOWN 11/9.5/8/6.5/5 seconds ⇒ 11/10/9/8/7 seconds
JARVAN IV: Passive damage increased. R bonus damage ratio increased.
The Exemplar of Demacia hasn’t been excelling in any level of play. We’re amping up Cataclysm to help him make a bigger impact while also buffing his dueling and clearing potential.
- PASSIVE – MARTIAL CADENCE: DAMAGE 8% of target’s current health ⇒ 10% of target’s current health
- R – CATACLYSM: BONUS DAMAGE RATIO 150% AD ⇒ 180% AD
JHIN: W damage increased. R minimum damage ratio increased.
Jhin has been feeling rather lackluster, and he hasn’t been making the cut into most games. With a deadlier flourish and an even deadlier finale, he’ll have a better shot at picking off enemies when playing off of allies and in key fights.
- W – DEADLY FLOURISH: DAMAGE 50/85/120/155/190 ⇒ 60/95/130/165/200
- R – CURTAIN CALL: MINIMUM DAMAGE RATIO 20% AD ⇒ 25% AD
Passive on-hit cooldown reduction removed; cooldown reduction from abilities now flat. Q base damage decreased early; cooldown increased early and decreased later; cost decreased. Q2 initial damage increased. E base shield increased later; bonus movement speed now flat; Defiance now only grants allies bonus movement speed.
- PASSIVE – GATHERING FIRE
- REMOVED ON-HIT COOLDOWN REDUCTION No longer reduces Mantra’s cooldown by 1 second whenever she uses her basic attacks against an enemy champion
- COOLDOWN REDUCTION FROM ABILITIES 2/3.5/5 seconds (level 1/6/11) ⇒ 5 seconds
- Q – INNER FLAME
- BASE DAMAGE 90/135/180/225/270 ⇒ 70/120/170/220/270
- COOLDOWN 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds ⇒ 9/8/7/6/5 seconds
- COST 55 mana ⇒ 45 mana
- Q2 – SOULFLARE
- INITIAL DAMAGE 25/75/125/175 ⇒ 40/100/160/220
LEE SIN: W omnivamp decreased.
Lee Sin came out of our 11.13 nerfs kicking, making his way from dominating lanes straight into dominating the jungle. This time, we’re laying down a straightforward nerf that should curb his early- to mid-game dueling power.
- W – IRON WILL
- OMNIVAMP 10/15/20/25/30% ⇒ 5/10/15/20/25%
LULU: W cooldown increased. R cooldown increased early.
While Lulu’s power in Average play is balanced, she’s strong in Skilled and even stronger in Elite. Back in patch 11.9, we purposefully buffed Lulu, targeting these skill brackets by reducing the cooldown on her W and increasing its bonus attack speed. The increased uptime on reliable peel made her a highly frustrating champion to play against, which has been reflected in her high ban rates. To get her back in action, we’re reverting the buff on her Skilled-skewed mechanic of instant CC and increasing her R cooldown.
- W – WHIMSY
- COOLDOWN 15/14/13/12/11 seconds ⇒ 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
- R – WILD GROWTH
- COOLDOWN 110/95/80 seconds ⇒ 120/100/80 seconds
MAOKAI: Passive heal increased. E detonation damage decreased.
Top Maokai has been struggling to stay in lane even with his tank builds, so we’re increasing his sustain. On the other hand, Support Mao and his saplings have been causing a commotion in the bot lane, where AP builds offer powerful scaling. Maokai will still have strong poke, but we’re toning it down.
- PASSIVE – SAP MAGIC
- HEAL 5-65 (+5-13% maximum health) ((level 1-18) (due to heal and scaling bugs) ⇒ 5/15/25/35/45/55/65 (+7/8.5/10/11.5/13/14/15% maximum health) (level 1/6/9/11/13/15/17)
- E – SAPLING TOSS
- DETONATION DAMAGE 25/50/75/100/125 (+7/7.25/7.5/7.75/8% (+0.8% per 100 AP) of target’s maximum health) ⇒ 20/45/70/95/120 (+7/7.25/7.5/7.75/8% (+0.7% per 100 AP) of target’s maximum health)
NUNU: Base movement speed increased. E damage ratio per snowball increased.
Nunu & Willump have hit a slump, it’s time to give them a good ol’ bump! To get the snowball rolling, we’re reverting part of their nerf from patch 11.2 while throwing them more damage when they’re building more aggressively.
- BASE STATS
- MOVEMENT SPEED 340 ⇒ 345
- E – SNOWBALL BARRAGE
- DAMAGE RATIO PER SNOWBALL 6% AP ⇒ 10% AP
- TOTAL DAMAGE RATIO 54% AP ⇒ 90% AP
SHACO: Q orange smoke VFX removed. R bugfixes.
Okay, so last patch (11.15), we fixed a longstanding bug where Shaco’s smoke poof wasn’t showing up through the Fog of War. And by longstanding, we mean like, 2 years. This change also sparked a conversation around proper counterplay in League. Constantly panning around to look for orange smoke isn’t the type of gameplay we want to enforce, so we’re reverting the poof and fixing some of his goofs.
- Q – DECEIVE
- REMOVEDPOOF GOES THE WEASEL Shaco’s orange smoke VFX no longer appears from the enemy’s point of view when cast through Fog of War
- R – HALLUCINATE
- WARD CLONE PATHING BUGFIX When Shaco’s clone kills a ward, it will no longer override all commands and attempt to repeatedly path back to Shaco
- IDLE CLONE PATHING BUGFIX When Shaco’s clone does not receive additional commands for ten seconds, it will no longer path back to Shaco
- WARD GOLD BUGFIX Wards killed by Shaco’s clone now properly grants gold to Shaco
- CLONE DEATH EXPLOSION When killed by reflected damage, Shaco’s clone now properly explodes into mini-boxes
SIVIR: W damage ratio increased later.
Sivir’s a team-shredding, boomerang mercenary, but even her crit builds have left her feeling incomplete, so we’re sharpening up her blades.
- W – RICOCHET
- DAMAGE RATIO 30/40/50/60/70% AD ⇒ 30/45/60/75/90% AD
New passive! Mana costs were reduced and aura mana refunds were removed. R now also hits minions and monsters.
Now Sona has a stacking mechanic that rewards her for using some of her abilities, eventually giving her more access to her ult, and giving you all those Crescendo plays that you definitely never miss.
- PASSIVE – POWER CHORD
- NEWACCELERANDO Sona’s basic abilities grant her permanent Accelerando stacks. She gains +.5 non-ultimate ability haste per stack, up to 60 non-ultimate ability haste. Once she reaches 60 non-ultimate ability haste, instead of gaining additional Accelerando stacks, her ultimate ability’s current cooldown reduces by 1.5 seconds each time she would gain an Accelerando stack.
- NEWHOLD THAT NOTE Now persists through revives (such as Zilean’s ult and Guardian Angel)
- Q – HYMN OF VALOR
- COST 75/80/85/90/95 mana ⇒ 50/55/60/65/70 mana
- NEWEVERY BOLT YOU TAKE Now grants a stack of Accelerando for each bolt that hits an enemy champion
- REMOVEDAURA MANA REFUND Granting an ally Hymn of Valor’s aura no longer refunds 30 mana per cast
- W – ARIA OF PERSEVERANCE
- COST 105/110/115/120/125 mana ⇒ 80/85/90/95/100 mana
- NEWEVERY SHIELD YOU MAKE Aria of Perserverance’s aura now grants a stack of Accelerando each you time you heal another injured ally or prevent at least 25-125 damage from another ally with the aura’s shields
- REMOVEDAURA MANA REFUND Granting an ally Aria of Perserverance’s aura no longer refunds 30 mana per cast
TAHM KENCH: Passive base damage decreased early. Q base heal decreased.
Tahm Kench’s early game power has been especially strong in top lane, where he’s able to issue beatdowns and heal through brawls. We’re dialing both back to give his enemies more time to lick their wounds.
- PASSIVE – AN ACQUIRED TASTE
- BASE DAMAGE 12-60 (level 1-18) ⇒ 8-60 (level 1-18)
- Q – TONGUE LASH
- BASE HEAL 15/20/25/30/35 ⇒ 10/15/20/25/30
Passive AP to bonus health conversion increased; bonus health to AP conversion increased.
Top Vlad has been dragging behind his mid lane counterpart. To help him hold his own in top lane, we’re increasing his passive bonuses, which should also let him reap the benefits of building tankier items.
- PASSIVE – CRIMSON PACT
- AP TO BONUS HEALTH CONVERSION 140% ⇒ 160%
- BONUS HEALTH TO AP CONVERSION 2.5% ⇒ 3.3333333%
XIN ZHAO:Base attack damage decreased.
Even after our last set of nerfs in patch 11.14, Xin Zhao is still one of the top dogs in the jungle at all levels of play. With longer ranges on his new W and E, Xin doesn’t need to be one of the best-in-class early game bullies, since he has better access to his targets than ever before. We’re trimming his base damage so that he’s still strong early, but isn’t as easily able to overwhelm other junglers.
- BASE STATS: ATTACK DAMAGE 66 (level 1) ⇒ 63 (level 1)
Base mana increased. E base damage per mine decreased early and increased later; slow decreased early. Our 11.14 nerf to bot lane Ziggs seemed to fizzle out, so we’re giving back his mana and dialing back his second-max ability instead. This should curb his power more in bot lane, which shouldbe more easily recouped in mid.
- E – HEXPLOSIVE MINEFIELD
- BASE DAMAGE PER MINE40/75/110/145/180⇒30/70/110/150/190
League of Legends Patch 11.16 Notes: Items
While Dark Seal is meant to be a high-risk, high-reward item, it’s become a consistently high-value option for most AP users, even for champions that appreciate the mana on Doran’s Ring. We’re pulling back on the stacking pace of the item so that there’s more risk involved when opting into Dark Seal.
- DREAD AP PER GLORY STACK5⇒4
- GLORY STACKS LOST ON DEATH4⇒5
Redemption is being overshadowed by the other Enchanter items and has struggled to find its niche this season. We’re increasing the power and availability of its exciting moments so that it can be more effective in more team fights.
- INTERVENTION HEAL180-360 (based on ally’s level)⇒200-400 (based on ally’s level)
- INTERVENTION COOLDOWN120 seconds⇒90 seconds
BANDLE CITY CLASH
The second weekend of the Bandle City-themed Clash will be August 21 and 22. Team formation for the second weekend will be open starting on August 16.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 11.16 NOTES: RANKED UPDATES
- UPDATEDTHIRD QUEUE DODGE PENALTYA third penalty tier for queue-dodging has been added. Players that dodge three times in a 24-hour period will experience a 12-hour MOBA queue lockout and a 10 LP loss (the first two dodge penalties are unchanged). You can read more about it here.
- NEWFRIENDS LEADERBOARD You always suspected you were better than your friends, but now you can find out for sure! We’ve added a new social leaderboard inside Ranked Summoner’s Rift lobbies. You can access this leaderboard by clicking on the new leaderboard button in the upper right corner of the Solo/Duo or Flex lobby.
- FLEX QUEUE Master and above Flex players can no longer queue with other Flex players rated below Platinum