South Korean video game developing company Krafton Inc. has revealed the esports plan of Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds as known as PUBG for 2021. The 2021 Season of PUBG esports will be started with the PUBG Global Invitational S 2021 aka PGI.S 2021 where top 32 invited teams from all over the world will participate for a massive prize pool of $3.5 Million USD.
After the completion of PGI.S, there will be PUBG Continental Series for different regions. Last year we saw 3 seasons held of PUBG Continental Series. This year Krafton Inc. has planned to host the fourth and fifth season of PUBG Continental Series which will take place in different regions. PUBG Continental Series will commence in June and September and will be an online regional tournament where it will take place across Asia, Europe, America, North America, Asia- Pacific, LATAM. Later this year, there will be PUBG Global Championship ( PGC) where top teams from all over the world will compete to become global champions.
Teams will collect the points by participating in the regional PUBG Continental Series tournament throughout 2021. Teams leading with highest numbers of points will qualify for the PUBG Global Championship 2021. Other details like earning points and prizepool are not announced yet. Krafton Inc. has announced that they will focus on the three main areas – Professional Athletes, Global Representation, and Fans.
Teams participating in PGI.S 2021
PUBG Global Invitational Series 2021 will take place from 08 February to 28 March 2021. Let’s take a look at the participants:
- Europe – Digital Athletics, ENCE, FaZe Clan, Natus Vincere, Team Liquid, TSM, Virtus.pro
- China – Four Angry Men, INFANTRY, Multi Circle Gaming, Petrichor Road, Tianba esports, Triumphant Song Gaming
- Southeast Asia – Attack All Around, Buriram United Esports, Daytrade Gaming, DivisionX Gaming, LG Divine
- North America – Oath, Shoot To Kill, Soniqs, Zenith Esports
- Republic of Korea – Afreeca Freecs, DAMWON Gaming, Gen.G, T1
- Japan – DetonatioN Gaming White, ELEMENT.36 JAPAN
- Chinese Taipei – Global Esports Xsset, K7 Esports
- Latin America – FURIA Esports, META GAMING
There will be Pick’Em Challenge for all four events and also there will be many third party events which will be announced later this year.