Riot Games has launched Katarina’s challenge event, a Noxian assassin of the highest calibre. Eldest daughter to the legendary General Du Couteau, she made her talents known with swift kills against unsuspecting enemies. Her fiery ambition has driven her to pursue heavily-guarded targets, even at the risk of endangering her allies—but no matter the mission, Katarina will not hesitate to execute her duty amid a whirlwind of serrated daggers.
Many players have unlocked the champion by buying it out from the store. But Riot Games has brought the opportunity to get it for free. Now you can use Katarina’s deadly knives whirling into League of Legends: Wild Rift. Become the Sinister Blade and shred your targets with ruthless finesse.
Being a hero with assassin abilities, Katarina is majorly played in the middle lane. Here is the list of abilities of this champion.
- Voracity (Passive) – Whenever an enemy champion dies within 3 seconds of Katarina damaging them, her cooldowns are reduced by 15 seconds. Sinister Steel: On retrieving a dagger, Katarina slashes through all nearby enemies, dealing magic damage and reducing her E’s cooldown.
- Bouncing Blade (Q) – Throws a Dagger at the target enemy which will bounce to up to 2 nearby enemies and deal magic damage to each bounce target.
- Preparation (W) – Tosses a Dagger into the air above her current location. She is ghosted and gains decaying movement speed until the dagger lands.
- Shunpo (E) – Katarina blinks to the target location around a unit or a Dagger, dealing magic damage to the nearest enemy.
- Death Lotus (R) – Channels and spins in place for 2.5 seconds, dealing magic damage to up to 3 champions in her range and applying Grievous Wounds on them for 3 seconds.
How to unlock Katarina for free
With the launch of the champion, Riot Games have announced Katarina’s Challenge for the players to unlock for free. The event will run from March 4th, 2021 / 00:01 UTC and End on March 10th, 2021 / 23:59 UTC.
The players are provided with a list of seven missions to unlock Katarina as a reward. Below is the list of mission that the players need to complete in a specified time.
- Double Take – Get 40 takedowns OR Get 5 double kills – 150 Blue Motes (Reward)
- A Cut Above The Rest – Play 5 games OR Play 2 games using assassin champions – 2 XP Boosts (Reward)
- For The Empire – Play 5 games OR Win 2 games with at least one Noxian champion on your team – 150 Blue Motes (Reward)
- The Blade Is Mightier – Deal 30,000 magic damage – 150 Blue Motes (Reward)
- Blink and Dive – Kill 1,000 Minions with your team OR Inflict grievous wounds on enemy champions 20 times – 50 Poro Coins (Reward)
- Never Hesitate – Get 50 takedowns OR Play 2 games using mage champions – 150 Blue Motes (Reward)
- It Takes Two – Play 5 games OR Win 1 game where Garen is on the enemy team – Katarina (champion)
You can also buy the champion in a bundle.
Those looking to score extra style points with their takedowns might also consider picking up the Katarina Release Set for 2077 Wild Cores, which includes:
- Katarina (50% off)
- Death Sworn Katarina
- Bilgewater Katarina