How to change your in-game name in VALORANT? Step by Step Guide. An individual can change their in-game name in Valorant by creating a Riot ID by entering a username and hashtag, which may contain 3-5 numbers or letters. A player can change their display name once every 30 days while playing Valorant, unlike their League Of Legends title that requires Riot points to do the same. The players can change their display name via their Valorant account for free. As stated on the Riot ID FAQ, Valorant players can also change their tagline every 30 days.
An individual’s ‘Riot ID’ is their in-game name. This consists of their Gamertag along with a hashtag that is created between three and five letters and numbers. Users can change both elements of their in-game names, making it easier for other users to add one another to the friend list of Valorant.
As long as the letters and numbers following the hashtag are different from each other, multiple players can use a similar display name. Within Valorant, the only thing you need to pay attention to is the Gamertag. Since it’s what other competitors will see. Hashtags are just for adding friends.
How to change the in-game name in Valorant? Step by Step Guide
- Visit https://account.riotgames.com/account and log in to your Riot game account. You will receive a verification email to the email address associated with your account.
- After you have logged in, click the “RIOT ID” present on the left side of the account box.
Note: Here you can also update your email address and password.
- Players can now edit their Riot ID by clicking the pencil-shaped “edit” icon.
- Change your display name and hashtag. If you are unable to set a hashtag, you can use the “randomize” option.
Note: You cannot use the term “Riot” in your ID, and you are probably not permitted to use anything offensive or inappropriate.
- Ensure the change has been confirmed by clicking “submit” and then you will be able to use your new Valorant name.