Garena the developer of Free Fire a battle royale game has announced the esports roadmap for the upcoming 2021 in India. After organizing some major tournaments in 2020, Garena has set its eye to bring some massive events in 2021. According to the roadmap, 2021 will have 4 major tournaments with a total prize pool of more than INR 2 crore. Besides this, the tournaments will act as seeds for global events.
Garena has completely focused on Indian esports for the next year. As the events will be open to all aspiring teams and players along with some previous seasons top teams.
ESPORTS ROADMAP 2021
The year 2021 will be divided into two pro seasons – Spring and Fall. Each season will consist of two major tournaments – Free Fire India Championship and Free Fire Pro League. The Free Fire India Championship of each season will act as a national qualifier for the Global events which will take place at the end of each pro seasons.
- Free Fire India Championship 2021 Spring
- Free Fire Pro League India 2021 Summer
- Free Fire India Championship 2021 Fall
- Free Fire Pro League India 2021 Winter
Though the top teams from Pro league India 2021 summer will get the seedings for the Free Fire India Championship 2021 Fall. But Free Fire India Championship 2021 Spring will get its seeding from the FFIC 2020 event as it was the last official event in India.
FFIC 2021 SPRING
The Free Fire India Championship 2021 Spring will be the first official event for the players. Open qualifiers will be held followed by the closed qualifiers. Teams that finished in the 7th to 12th at the FFIC 2020 Fall will get an invite in the closed qualifiers whereas top 6 teams of the fall will compete in the FFIC 20201 Spring Finals. Along with the 12 top qualified teams from the closed qualifiers.
The teams would compete with each other for the massive prize pool of INR 75 Lakh and also the slot for the Global tournament.
FREE FIRE PRO LEAGUE
The Free Fire Pro League tournaments will act as the first opportunity to qualify for the next pro seasons India Championship.
- Each Pro League tournament will consist of 18 teams – the 12 finalists from the previous season’s FFIC and the top 6 teams from the open qualifiers.
- Each Pro League tournament will see teams compete for a prize pool of INR 35 lakhs and entry into the next FFIC as one of the top seeds.
- The top 6 teams will book their spots directly in the next FFIC, while the teams who place 7th to 12th will earn the spot in the open qualifiers stage of the next FFIC by advancing directly to the closed qualifiers.
FFIC 2021 FALL
The FFIC 2021 Fall will take its seedings from the Pro League India 2021 Spring along with its stand-alone open qualifiers. It will also feature the prize pool of INR 75 Lakh and slot in the end season Global event.