DPC SEA Tour 1 Division I: The top SEA teams will begin their 2022 DPC season in December. The Southeast Asian region will commence its 2022 DPC season from 1st December. It will follow the latest Dota 2 Pro Circuit format announced by Valve. The DPC Southeast Asia Tour 1 Division I will begin with eight teams that will battle it here as they begin their journey for the main event of 2022, The International 11.
DPC Southeast Asia Tour 1 Divison I: Overview
Valve has split the earlier Dota 2 Pro Circuit into three “Tours” each with its Regional league and Major. Teams will get more DPC points in Majors than Regional Leagues. The DPC points rewards will also increase in the later tours. The DPC Southeast Asia Tour 1 Division I is being conducted by Beyond The Summit. The two teams at the top of the table here will advance for the first Major of the 2021-2022 Dota 2 season. The teams at the end of the table will have to move to Division II for the second Tour of the 2022 Dota 2 season.
DPC SEA Tour 1 Divison I: Teams and Schedule
There will be eight teams playing in the DPC SEA Tour 1 Divison I. 6 teams are from the Upper Division while 2 teams are from the Lower Division of Season 2 of the previous DPC season. The teams are:
- T1 (Upper Division)
- TNC Predator (Upper Division)
- Execration (Upper Division)
- Fnatic (Upper Division)
- OB.Neon (Upper Division)
- BOOM Esports (Upper Division)
- Motivate Trust Gaming (Lower Division)
- Team SMG (Lower Division)
Omega Esports, Prince, Van, and Zenki were banned from Valve events due to match-fixing allegations. Thus, BOOM Esports will retain the slot from their previous DPC Season to fill in the gap. The DPC SEA Tour 1 Division I Regional League will begin on 1st December 2021.
DPC Southeast Asia Tour 1 Divison I: Format
The DPC SEA Tour 1 Division I Regional League will be conducted in the following format:
- The tournament will follow a Single Round-Robin format with all teams playing a best of 3 match series.
- The team at the top of the table will advance directly to the Playoffs Stage of the Tour 1 Major.
- The team at the second position will advance into the Group Stage of the Tour 1 Major.
- The last two teams will be relegated to Division II for the second Tour of the 2022 Dota 2 Season.
- The remaining teams will still be in Division I for the second Tour of 2022 Dota 2 Season.
DPC Southeast Asia Tour 1 Divison I: Prize Pool and Where to Watch
The DPC SEA Tour 1 Division I has a total Prize Pool of $205,000 and 690 DPC points. These will be distributed among the teams according to their rankings.
- The winning team will get $30,000, 300 DPC Points, and will qualify for the Playoff Stage of the Tour 1 Major.
- The runner-up team will get $28,000, 180 DPC Points, and will qualify for the Group Stage of the Tour 1 Major.
- The team in 3rd place will get $27,000 and 120 DPC Points.
- The team in 4th place will get $26,000 and 60 DPC Points.
- The team in 5th place will get $25,000 and 30 DPC Points.
- The team in 6th place will get $24,000.
- The team in the 7th and 8th places will get $23,000 and $22,000 respectively. Both these teams will be relegated to Division II.
All the matches from the DPC SEA Tour 1 Division I will be broadcasted LIVE in English on the Beyond The Summit and Beyond The Summit 2 channels on Twitch TV.
Stay tuned with us as we bring to you the latest updates regarding the 2022 Dota 2 season.
Read More- DPC South America Tour 1 Division I: The new format for the 2022 Dota 2 Season commences in December