DPC China Tour 1 Division I: The region will begin its 2022 Dota 2 season with a new format: The Chinese region has some of the strongest teams in Dota 2. The teams from here have always been the top contenders for The International event every year. With Valve announcing its new Dota 2 Pro Circuit format, China will begin its 2022 Dota 2 Season from 3rd January. The DPC China Tour 1 Division I will kick off from this day. The top eight teams will battle it out here as they begin their journey for the main event of 2022, The International 11.
Back in the fray!
Building on our production for the first two seasons, @PWRDEsports will be bringing you the full DPC China experience for the next three seasons leading into TI11.
What do you notice in our kickoff visuals?#DPCCN pic.twitter.com/t5U2yS7oOZ
— Perfect World Dota ⚔️ DPCCN (@PWRD_DOTA2) November 13, 2021
DPC China Tour 1 Divison I: Overview
Valve has split the earlier Dota 2 Pro Circuit into three “Tours” each with its Regional league and Major. Teams will get more DPC points in Majors than Regional Leagues. The DPC points rewards will also increase in the later tours. The DPC China Tour 1 Division I is being conducted by Perfect World. The two teams at the top of the table here will advance for the first Major of the 2021-2022 Dota 2 season. The teams at the end of the table will have to move to Division II for the second Tour of the 2022 Dota 2 season.
DPC China Tour 1 Divison I: Teams and Schedule
There will be eight teams playing in the DPC CN Tour 1 Divison I. 6 teams are from the Upper Division while 2 teams are from the Lower Division of Season 2 of the previous DPC season. The teams are:
- Team Aster (Upper Division)
- PSG.LGD (Upper Division)
- Vici Gaming (Upper Division)
- Invictus Gaming(Upper Division)
- EHOME(Upper Division)
- Royal Never Give Up (Upper Division)
- Phoenix Gaming (Lower Division)
- LBZS (Lower Division)
Elephant was one of the Upper Division teams in the previous DPC Season 2. But as the team got disbanded, their slot was transferred to Royal Never Give Up. The DPC CN Tour 1 Division I Regional League will begin on 3rd January 2022.
DPC China Tour 1 Divison I: Format
The DPC CN Tour 1 Division I Regional League will be conducted in the following format:
- The tournament will follow a Single Round-Robin format with all teams playing a best of 3 match series.
- The team at the top of the table will advance directly to the Playoffs Stage of the Tour 1 Major.
- The team at the second position will advance into the Group Stage of the Tour 1 Major.
- The last two teams will be relegated to Division II for the second Tour of the 2022 Dota 2 Season.
- The remaining teams will still be in Division I for the second Tour of 2022 Dota 2 Season.
DPC China Tour 1 Divison I: Prize Pool and Where to Watch
The DPC CN Tour 1 Division I has a total Prize Pool of $205,000 and 690 DPC points. These will be distributed among the teams according to their rankings.
- The winning team will get $30,000, 300 DPC Points, and will qualify for the Playoff Stage of the Tour 1 Major.
- The runner-up team will get $28,000, 180 DPC Points, and will qualify for the Group Stage of the Tour 1 Major.
- The team in 3rd place will get $27,000 and 120 DPC Points.
- The team in 4th place will get $26,000 and 60 DPC Points.
- The team in 5th place will get $25,000 and 30 DPC Points.
- The team in 6th place will get $24,000.
- The team in the 7th and 8th places will get $23,000 and $22,000 respectively. Both these teams will be relegated to Division II.
Fans can catch all the gameplay of the DPC CN Tour 1 Division I LIVE in multiple languages and across multiple platforms. For English commentary, they can go to the PWRDEsports1 channel on Twitch TV. For Spanish commentary, they can visit the PWRDEsports3 channel on Twitch TV.
Stay tuned with us as we bring to you the latest updates regarding the 2022 Dota 2 season.
Read More- DPC SEA Tour 1 Division I: The top SEA teams will begin their 2022 DPC season in December