Check out the Battlefield 2042 December 2 Update #3: Developers are addressing a lot of bugs, balance changes, and more. The developers at DICE have just released a massive update regarding the issues that players faced since the release of Battlefield 2042. They have added in new Weekly Missions along with new game mode layouts for Rush on All-Out Warfare maps in Battlefield Portal. We also receive new templates to the Builder and a new custom mode called Vehicle Team Deathmatch.
There is also multiple Quality of Life and Gameplay improvements that have been added with this latest update patch. Here are all the patch notes explained in detail.
Check out the Battlefield 2042 December 2 Update #3: Developers are addressing a lot of bugs, balance changes, and more.
Here is a list of all the Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
The Recent Players screen now includes everyone from previous matches to allow for easier user reporting. Improvements were made in the “Interaction” system, helicopter animation, streaming assets, and other glitches in the gameplay animations. The Kaleidoscope and velocity/trajectory while spawning in jets issues were also resolved.
Improvements were made in the Collection screens, screen transitions, Report a Player flows, CommoRose, and in-game scoreboard. Fixes were also done on the scroll function in the Options menu and End of Round visuals. Two new things were added:
- Added new markers to make your newly unlocked items easier to find
- Implemented Focus restoration for screens so the focused button is remembered when re-entering a screen
Matchmaking & Friends
A lot of fixes were done to smoothen out the matchmaking process. From improving the experience between EOR and Main Menu, matchmaking reliability, crossplay, servers issues, friend invitations, updating friends’ lists, and Rich presence update issues.
Progression and Unlocks
Improvements were done in XP/Rank, Mastery rank, and Player card tracking. Bugs related to Mastery Badges, 3D preview of vehicles, and XP award for Angel resupplies were also fixed. The following things got added:
- Introduction of weekly missions, providing set challenges that reward cosmetic unlocks
- Added 1st match bonus of 1000 Dark Market Credits for Hazard Zone
- Added a notification when reaching a new Player Card Badge tier
- Added a notification when reaching a new Mastery tier
Maps and Rendering
Issues related to visual glitches and animation rendering, spawning, audio, collision, placements were fixed. The following changes were also made:
- Added sight definition for iron sights to allow correct ADS for the VCAR
- Shifted PSO-1 Scope forward on AN94 to prevent clipping into the screen while idle
Battlefield Hazard Zone
Improvements were made to the Dark Market Credits, Squad and Player Screen, Scoreboard, Data Drive Scanner, end of round camera placement, and other gameplay glitches. Fixes were also done for issues related to team and player gameplay, drones, Round Bonus XP, lobby, audio, and music errors. The following changes were also made.
- Added additional flares to Extraction Zone, offering players better visibility of extraction area, as well as providing additional cover
- Added new spawn locations for initial Data Capsules
- Added a distance read-out for the next available Extraction Point
- Added XP for eliminating a complete enemy squad
Apart from fixing issues related to settings, weapons, human players, and visual graphics, the following changes were also made:
- Added Server Info for the Pause Menu
- Added support for reporting a server from the Pause Menu
- Added support for server admins to write periodic server messages
- Added different loading music based on which Portal map is loading
- Added a UI indicator for Rush to show when the next sector will start
Some more updates related to Builder additions, Rules Editor, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 were also released to make the gameplay experience more enjoyable.
The developers ade a series of visual, audio, and gameplay improvements to weapons, vehicles, and gadgets. The following options got added:
- Added a new Options to select damage the indicator color for soldiers and vehicles
- Added a new crosshair option to change damage indicator shape thickness between Thin – Medium – Thick’
Conquest and Breakthrough
The developers reduced the messages about flag state changes so that they’re not as distracting. Improvements were made to the Breakthrough UI along with fixes being done in the gameplay. The following features got added:
- Elapsed time is now added and trackable in both the Scoreboard & Deploy Screen.
- Added a pulsating effect on the Team 1 (attacker) score and progress bar when their tickets are =< 25% of their initial tickets. This is also present in the GMW in the HUD, Scoreboard, and Deploy Screen for both Rush and Breakthrough
Dynamic World Improvements and HUD
Improvements were done in the VFX, audio, and gameplay experience. Issues related to the players’ and squad members’ gameplay were also fixed. The following features got added:
- Added a UI element that shows nearby players that can revive you within 50m when downed
- Added a UI element that shows incoming revivers when downed and pinged by a player that intends to revive you
- Added health bars on enemy vehicles (up to 200m) and enemy soldiers when looked at (up to 50m)
- Added an option that allows for the disabling of the button prompts visible in the HUD
- Added message about which player healed you when getting healed by other players
- Added message about which player shared ammo when getting ammo from other players
- Added an option to show or hide button prompts in the HUD
- Added an option to show or hide the Reactive hints in the HUD
- Added an option to customize the visibility of the fire mode indicator’s prompt and icon in the HUD
Bots and Audio
Issues related to the Bot behaviors were fixed along with improving their UI. The Audio for the game was also optimized and improved with two new features being added.
- Added a ping sound for “Request Revive” to help mark your location
- Added audio for damaged engine fires on vehicles
The following specialists were improved to provide a better gameplay experience:
Fixes and improvements were done to the vehicles to provide a smoother gameplay experience. An option to have a vehicle boost as a toggle or hold was added.
General issues related to the visuals, weapon switch, projectile, and ammunitions were fixed and improved. The effectiveness of NTW-50 was also reduced to strike a gameplay balance.
Various adjustments were made to the cooldowns of the gadgets. The issues regarding the following gadgets were also fixed and improved.
- CG Recoilless M5
- C5 Explosive
- SOFLAM Designator
- Anti-Tank Mine
- Medical Crate and Ammo Crate
- Smoke Grenade
- Frag Grenade
- Repair Tool
- Insertion Beacon
- FXM-33 AA Missile
Soldier and Melee Combat
Various adjustments and bug fixes were made to the animations and gameplay of the player soldier. In melee combat, the gameplay was improved along with fixing various issues and bugs that players faced.
These are all the update details that have been added with this patch. For in-depth information click here to go to the Battlefield 2042 developer notes. Stick with us as we bring to you the latest news regarding Battlefield 2042.